For Immediate Release
September 24, 2020
BlackPAC, House Majority PAC, the National Education Association, and EMILYs List’s Women Vote Shows Joyce Elliott Leads Rep. French Hill in Arkansas’ 2nd District
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, BlackPAC, House Majority PAC, the National Education Association and Women Vote, the independent expenditure arm of EMILYs List, released new data from Cornell Belcher at Brilliant Corners showing a toss up race between Joyce Elliott and French Hill.
Some numbers to give national Republicans pause:
- On the initial ballot, Elliott leads Hill 48% to 46%
- Overall, voters are dissatisfied with the direction of the country by a margin of two to one
- When asked if they wanted to reelect Hill or elect someone new, only 36% of voters said Hill should be reelected
- After Joyce Elliott is introduced to voters, her lead grows: Elliott 51%, Hill 44%
- Biden leads Trump 49%-46%
The sample is 605 likely November voters and an oversample of 102 African American 2020 voters. The poll was in the field September 10-16.