EMILYs List Poll: Kansas Dead Heat, Bollier Winning Independents
For Immediate Release
August 7, 2020
EMILY's List Poll: Kansas Dead Heat, Bollier Winning Independents
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, released an internal poll of the general election in Kansas’ U.S. Senate race.
The Kansas Senate Race is a dead heat between EMILYs List candidate Barbara Bollier, who receives 42 percent of the vote, and Congressman Roger Marshall, who receives 43.
Katherine Patterson of Public Policy Polling notes that:
- Bollier is much more popular among independent voters than Marshall, and she leads in the Senate race among independents by a margin of 16 points (45-29).
- Bollier is also viewed even more favorably among independents (37-17), while Marshall is underwater in favorability with independents by 15 points (23-38).
- Bollier leads among women (45-40), voters between the ages of 18 and 45 (46-37), and ties Marshall with voters over the age of 65 (44-44).
- With 15% of voters overall undecided in the Senate race, including 14% of Democrats and 26% of independents, Bollier has room to gain more support ahead of the election.
- While the majority of Republicans support Marshall, 18% say they support Bollier for Senate.
The full memo and poll result is available here.