For Immediate Release
July 13, 2022
EMILYs List-Endorsed Candidates Report Groundbreaking Fundraising in Second Quarter
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, EMILYs List President Laphonza Butler congratulated endorsed candidates on their record breaking fundraising in the second quarter of 2022.
“Abortion is on the ballot this year, and our endorsed candidates and their supporters have made sure that the GOP knows it. We congratulate these candidates on gaining momentum in battleground states and in contentious races, and are proud to stand with them in the fight for our reproductive freedoms. Now more than ever, it is critical to elect Democratic pro-choice women to office, so we are eager to see their continued success in the coming months.”
- North Carolina U.S. Senate candidate Cheri Beasley reported raising over $7.42 million in the second quarter, doubling the amount her campaign raised in the previous quarter. This is the most ever raised in a second quarter for a North Carolina candidate. 93% of her donations were under $100.
- Rep. Elaine Luria (VA-02) raised over $1.85 million, her biggest fundraising quarter ever. The campaign was fueled by grassroots support, with over 8,000 individual donors and 80% of donors giving $50 or less.
- Arizona Secretary of State and gubernatorial candidate Katie Hobbs has reported record-breaking fundraising time and time again, and this quarter is no different: she reports raising over $1.1 million in the second quarter.
- Rep. Val Demings (FL) reports raising over $12.2 million in the second quarter, a number that comes after four quarters of outraising opponent Marco Rubio in their Florida Senate race.
- Sen. Maggie Hassan (NH) has reported raising more than $5 million in the second quarter, her best second quarter ever. The total is also the third highest fundraising in New Hampshire history.
- Rep. Susie Lee (NV-03) raised over $1.1 million, her largest ever second quarter total. The amount represents strong grassroots support, with a median donation of $20, and is a record amount for any congressional candidate in Nevada during the second quarter.
- State Rep. Annette Taddeo announced she has raised more than $460,000 in just 24 days since announcing her congressional campaign in Florida’s 27th District.
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.