Home / Research Department Internships
Research Department Internships
Research interns are responsible for assisting the Research Department with long-term and immediate research needs, both for the organization and for EMILY’s List’s federal and gubernatorial campaigns. They will help gather and summarize information on candidates and assist with campaign and election analyses. Research interns will also assist in tracking Congressional action and preparing issue summaries at both the federal and state levels.
- Assist in the preparation of summaries on candidates;
- Assist with retrieval of candidate and opponent FEC filings as necessary;
- Assist with monitoring Congressional action – movement of legislation, votes, and legislative analysis;
- Compile state-specific issue memos;
- Monitor state and regional newspapers as necessary;
- Work with research team to maintain department files;
- Provide general staff support to the research department;
- Provide organization support as requested or necessary.
Sign up for our email list