Home / Communications Department Internships
Communications Department Internships
The communications intern assists in all aspects of the communications department, including briefing staff on daily news; organizing and distributing campaign news and clips; compiling and maintaining press lists; and assisting with drafting of press materials and communications research. The communications intern works closely with the communications director and deputy director.
- Prepare daily press clips from national and periodicals including reading, copying, develop summary cover pages and distribution;
- Download and distribute Wake Up Call, Hotline, House Race Hotline and Last Call;
- Maintain and mail press kits;
- Work with communications department to create and maintain press lists for press conferences and other events;
- Assist with drafting of press materials and communications research;
- Assist in the maintenance of video library, including updating video library database and fulfilling dub requests;
- Assist in the maintenance of department files;
- Distribute monthly and weekly periodicals, file when returned;
- Assist with department mailings to reporters;
- Provide general staff support to the communications department;
- Provide organizational support as requested or necessary.
Sign up for our email list