For Immediate Release
Media Advisory: EMILY's List President Stephanie Schriock to Speak On Glamour Magazine Panel
WHERE ARE THE WOMEN CANDIDATES FOR 2012 AND HOW CAN WE GET MORE OF THEM?
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Stephanie Schriock, President of EMILY’s List, is speaking this evening about the historic year for women in politics at a panel presented by Glamour magazine.
2012 year marks an historic opportunity to change how Washington functions by electing Democratic women who stand up to the right, get things done, and build a more progressive America.
There are more women running for Senate than ever before – and every EMILY’s List challenger is poised to become the first woman senator to represent her state. The growing momentum of women winning special elections and an ever-expanding House field means the march to a Democratic takeover of the House is being led by women candidates. Just yesterday, EMILY’s List endorsed Grace Meng – a true progressive and champion for women – for Congress in New York’s sixth congressional district. With the EMILY’s List community larger and more energized than ever, 2012 is shaping up to be an historic year for women.
WHO: EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock
WHAT: Panel Discussion Presented by Glamour magazine: Where are the Women Candidates for 2012 and How Can We Get More of Them?
Moderated by Chelsea Clinton, Board member, Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global Initiative. She is also a special correspondent for NBC News.
- Stephanie Schriock, President of EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
- Sandra Fluke, Third-year law student at Georgetown University Law Center, former president of Georgetown Law Students for Reproductive Justice
- Amy Holmes, Former CNN contributor, and News Anchor for The Blaze and GBTV
- Abby Huntsman Livingston, Daughter and campaign surrogate for former presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, formerly of ABC News and Good Morning America
- Christine C. Quinn, Speaker of the New York City Council
- Nicolle Wallace, Bestselling author of Eighteen Acres and It’s Classified, political commentator, former White House communications chief under President George W. Bush
WHEN: March 28th, 8:00pm
WHERE: 92nd Street Y, Kaufmann Concert Hall, 1395 Lexington Avenue at 92nd Street
This event is open to credentialed press. Please contact Sarah Morton, smorton@92Y.org or 212.415.5435.
In the 2009-2010 cycle, EMILY’s List raised more than $38.5 million to support its mission of recruiting and supporting women candidates, helping them build strong campaigns, and mobilizing women voters to turn out and vote. With a community of more than 1,000,000 members across the country, EMILY’s List is one of the largest political action committees in the nation. Since its founding in 1985, EMILY’s List has worked to elect 87 pro-choice Democratic women to the U.S. House, 16 to the U.S. Senate, nine governors, and hundreds of women to the state legislatures, state constitutional offices, and other key local offices. In the 2009-2010 cycle, EMILY’s List had the largest number of members and donors in our 27 year history.