WOMEN VOTE! Talking to Oregon Women about Suzanne Bonamici
This week EMILY’s List Women VOTE! program dropped our third mail piece into the Oregon First District in support of Suzanne Bonamici. You’ve heard us talk about what a great candidate Suzanne is and how well she would serve Oregonians in Congress, but we must ensure more women are introduced to Suzanne, and our WOMEN VOTE! Program is doing just that.
The Oregon WOMEN VOTE! program will target nearly 22,000 primary voting Democratic women ages 50 and older, who are nearly 40% of the expected primary vote on November 8. The campaign is featuring three pieces of direct mail that highlight Bonamici's long career of holding corporations accountable through her work as a consumer protection attorney, a community volunteer and a legislator.
"There's no better way to judge what someone will do than to look at what they've done," said Denise Feriozzi, Director of WOMEN VOTE!. "Suzanne Bonamici is a principled leader who has spent her entire career fighting for middle class families, protecting Social Security and veterans' benefits and holding greedy corporations accountable. With 26 years of experience in holding greedy corporations accountable, Suzanne Bonamici is ready to take the fight to Washington. Congress has caved in to Wall Street. Suzanne Bonamici never has. And she never will.”
"As a consumer advocate, a community volunteer, and the chair of the Consumer Protection Committee in the state Senate, Suzanne has:
- Taken on a shady mortgage company that lied to their customers about loan rates and caused hard working families to lose their homes,
- Crafted new laws to protect middle-class families from foreclosures and predatory lending,
- Led the fight to protect Social Security and veterans’ benefits from garnishment by creditors,
- Spoken out against dangerous schemes to privatize Social Security and gamble seniors’ retirement in the risky stock market,
- Sponsored a law to protect Oregon’s seniors from an investment racket by insurance companies that benefits wealthy investors at the expense of vulnerable seniors.
Standing up for middle-class families isn’t just a campaign slogan for Suzanne, it’s her life’s work."
Your support for EMILY’s List helps ensure that we can run targeted, sophisticated voter contact programs to help elect our women. Today, your support for EMILY’s List is helping Suzanne Bonamici in Oregon, but tomorrow it will help other women just like her across the country. You’re helping build a movement to the ballot box in Oregon but you’re also helping us build a movement to change Congress.