June Primary Round Up
What a fantastic June for EMILY’s List as primary polls closed in key states and results came pouring in announcing victories for our candidates across the country. We were stoked to see these hardworking, progressive champions of choice move on to November’s general election.
Let’s take a look at the primaries we’ve been tracking:
(drum roll please)
- It was truly a tale of survival of the fittest in California’s jungle primary, where each district’s top two vote-getters, regardless of party, advances to the general election. Congratulations to Julia Brownley, Lois Capps, and Gloria Negrete McLeod – we know November 6 will be sunny in the Golden State!
- It’ll be a close race in Iowa come November, but we’ve got Christie Vilsack’s back as she moves on to challenge GOP incumbent Steve King.
- Lawyer, PTA mom, former city councilwoman … let’s add one more to Shelley Adler’s long-list of accomplishments: New Jersey Congressional Representative.
- By focusing on the issues that matter most to women and families, Michelle Lujan-Grisham's (with some help from EMILY's List's WOMEN VOTE! program) helped fend off fierce competition in New Mexico’s 3-way primary. Now it’s time to send that signal to Washington as she takes on anti-choice Republican Janice Arnold-Jones.
- Finally, we're happy to report that Dina Titus cleared her primary last night. It’s time for Nevada to send this accomplished advocate back to Congress for once and for all.